Honors Event: Halloween Movie Night

On Thursday, October 19, I attended an Honors Movie Night in the Multicultural Center. The movie that was shown was "The Purge: Election Year." I had never seen this movie and I really enjoyed it. I am a big fan of horror movies so this was right up my alley. We were also served pizza, which is always a good thing.
More than the movie, I enjoyed spending some time with my fellow honors students. I attended the movie with 3 other honors students. It felt really good to be able to hang out with friends and take our minds off of all the school-work we had. It was a very relaxing experience and allowed me to bond with fellow honors students.
I believe that it is events such as these that makes the honors college more like a family just a group of students. While classes and academic events do bring honors students together, it is the honors events such as movie nights that allow us to bond as people, rather than just as students. This is part of the reason that I love being a part of the honors college. It gives me a close-knit community to be a part of and to grow with.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paper and Ink: Prints/Drawings/Installations Exhibit Reception

Volunteering: My Placement at Girls Inc. and Exchange Place Service Project

Collo Event: Creative Writing Festival