Class September 5

Tangible objects that we cherish can often reveal a lot about our identity and what we value. When kids leave home for college, the items they choose to take with them and shove into whatever space they can find in their dorm usually represent the parts of themselves that they value the most and do not want to leave behind. When recently asked about an object that I took to college with me that represented a value or belief of mine, I immediately thought of the paintings that my sister had made for me, because they represent a few different things about myself that I cherish enough to keep throughout my college years.
These paintings are valuable to me, first of all, because my sister made them for me. They remind me not only of my sister, but of my entire family. I consider my family to be one of the most important aspects of my life. My family has been overwhelmingly gracious and supportive ever since I can remember. They've provided me with everything I've ever needed and wanted and continue to be blessings in my life. I appreciate my family above anything else in this life. 
I also love these paintings because many of them have encouraging reminders to help me when I'm down. They remind me that I am beautiful and capable of achieving anything life throws my way. Not only do these encouragements brighten my day when I look at them, but they remind me of everyone in my life who supports me and wants the best for me. The positivity that these paintings radiate remind me of my family, my friends, my boyfriend, and everyone else in my life who brings me joy and encouragement. 
Lastly, the most important value of mine that these paintings represent is my faith. Many of the paintings have Bible verses on them. If I had to choose one thing that I value the most in my life, I would say it is my relationship with Jesus Christ. This is one thing about myself that I would never leave behind or abandon. The paintings my sister made remind me to turn towards Christ when life gets hard and that everything will be okay because I have hope in Him.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Volunteering: My Placement at Girls Inc. and Exchange Place Service Project

Collo Event: Creative Writing Festival

Spring 2018