Volunteering: Admissions Ambassadors

I got 34 hours of community service from the SRVL 1020-088 class this semester. The 6 other hours of community service that are required for the PHCSS program came from giving tours on campus this semester. I gave about 10 tours this semester, each lasting anywhere from 1-2 hours. When I volunteer as an Admissions Ambassador, I go to the Welcome Center and wait for the tour group to get done with their introductory talk by Corintha Duncan. Then, I introduce myself to all the tour groups, and I take my specific group on a walking tour of ETSU. We start at the CPA, and make our way down the street, passing many residence halls and class buildings, until we reach the Culp Center. We go inside the Culp Center and then we head towards the library. We also go inside the library. Then, we pass Rogers-Stout Hall, Gilbreath Hall, Brown Hall, and Ball Hall until we reach the Quad. We go inside Sam Wilson Hall at the Quad, and then we make our way back to the Welcome Center. I describe each of the buildings and what is located in each of them, and I answer any questions the tour groups have. I enjoy giving tours because I like to get to know students and I like to give them advice about the worries and anxieties they have about college in general. I love getting to talk about my school and all of the great things about it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Volunteering: My Placement at Girls Inc. and Exchange Place Service Project

Collo Event: Creative Writing Festival

Spring 2018